Monday, September 8, 2008

Another Beanie for Mikey

So, this is what I spent some of my weekend doing.

Mikey wanted a brown beanie, remember? Then he said, "Can you make it look like this?" pointing at the book I've been using to get my cables for the aran bag. I thought, "Crappola, a whole hat of cables??? " My wrists hurt already :(

So, I got to thinking. What about a beanie with a cabled brim around the bottom? Yeah!

I made up a quick hdc beanie and went to my trusty book, picked out a simple 3 stitch cable, crocheted it to match the diameter of the hat, chain stitched it on, then slip stitched around the very bottom, and voila! A very spiffy hat, if I do say so myself (I want one, too!!!). I'm going to take the time to write up the pattern because I couldn't find anything like this on Ravelry, and if it's not on there, it's not anywhere :) Here's a few pics without goofy me in them...

Well, that one was too big (fits the other brother, thankfully) so I whipped this one up tonight for the one it was meant to go to :)

I now have the pattern for this written up, so if you'd like a copy, email me with you email address and I'll send you the PDF. I'm trying to get set-up in Ravelry to sell it there, if there's enough interest. Until then, I'll just email them out. Thanks!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Very nice hat - I love the cables!

Your brother is lucky he has such a great sister (make sure you rub it in once in a while, LOL)!

Betty said...

That's cute! I wish I wore hats too!

Stephanie said...

That is too cute!

Something else we have in common I see- the nose stud. :)

Sônia Maria said...

Hi, Martha!
Your hat is lovely!!!!
I love the cables!
Do you have pattern?
My email is
lacerda.sma@hotmail.com .
Thanks!
Hugs,
Sônia Maria