Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
My husband, the dork :) Click HERE to go to my Flickr page to see all of my snaps (from a castle in California to zebras grazing by the highway to an awesome nursery that we always go to). Had such a great time that I'm a little depressed to be back home, but we all promised that we'd go back soon...
Monday, March 16, 2009
Until you realize that you're probably going to need 2 more of these 7 ounce skeins to finish your project. Think I can finish by Friday?
Here's some progress...
Looks pretty good, but now I'm looking at all those ends that need to be woven in :( And of course, there's a diet coke in the background :) She always has to make a cameo in my pics!
***edited to add***
I made this recipe tonight and it's soooo good!!! Sorry, no pictures, tho...
Thai Peanut Pasta with Shirataki Noodles
4 chicken thighs, sliced into ¼” pieces
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp ginger
1 red bell pepper, sliced
½ tsp curry paste
½ cup creamy peanut butter (or use crunchy, whatever floats your boat)
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
¼ cup hot water
½ can of coconut cream
1 large and 1 small package of shirataki noodles (24 oz total)
Stir-fry chicken thighs in olive oil. Add garlic and ginger, then bell peppers. Add curry paste, peanut butter, soy, fish sauce and water. Stir until peanut butter is melted, then add the coconut cream. Add the noodles (after rinsing/drying them) and let simmer 10-15 minutes (you don't have to do this part, I'm just making sure the chicken is REALLY cooked cause I'm anal like that).
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Guess what's even cooler than that??? She CROCHETS!!!
And the coolest? She has a blog! Go check her out and give a big blog-land welcome!!!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
A new Moon & Stars canister and compote! Aren't they GORGEOUS??? I'll have to take a picture of my other pieces with my Old Country Roses china... You wouldn't think they would even remotely go together, but it looks so pretty in my china cabinet!
In crochet news...
The top left (and white background in every other pic) is going to be a plain a-line skirt that I'm designing. The top right is going to be another Diamond Ridges for the big litto bro, and the navy blue medallions are going to be a part of this lacy summer sweater idea that I have... Mwahaha, she'll stay a semi-mystery for now :P
Sunday, March 1, 2009
1. Favorite Food: Ice Cream
2. Hometown: Fresno, CA
3. Favorite color: Yellow
4. Celebrity Crush: So many, my biggest tho... Mr. Clooney
5. Favorite Drink: Diet Coke
6. Dream Vacation: Santorini
7. Favorite Dessert: Coconut Cake
8. What I Want to Be When I Grow Up: A good Mommy
9. Name: Christy
10. What/Who I Love Most in the World: Hubby!
11. One Word that Describes Me: Domestic
12. My Username: mybfcallsmemartha (as in, Stewart) :)
1. ice cream, 2. Tower Theater, 3. Girasoles para los amigos / Sunflowers for the friends, 4. Nespresso Drinker, 5. enjoy diet coke - w, 6. Another summer night falls over Oia, 7. Creamy Coconut Cake, 8. Baby Hedgehog & His Mommy Crochet Pattern 2, 9. Christy's in Velarde, 10. hubby, 11. Love, Love, Love, 12. Red