Friday, October 3, 2008

Charity Crochet

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a good pattern to sell for charity with the $$$ going to my local children's hospital. My little bro, as some of you know if you read my momma's blog, was born quite premature. He stayed at what was then called Valley Children's Hospital here in the central valley of California (for 3 months!). I try to send them a check every year in thanks of helping to get my brother healthy enough to come home. My family and I will forever be grateful!

Last weekend, my nephews visited and we sat and played and read books and laughed. Most of their books are Sesame Street stories (I must admit that I spoil them, and most have come from me... oh well!) mostly because they LOVE Elmo. They were so cute, turning every page to find Elmo and yelling, "EEELLLLMMOOOOOOO!!!" While reading with them, I remembered one of my favorite characters... Who does this remind you of?


Yep, Ernie!!! I have this pattern all typed up and am just looking for a few people who'd like to test it for me (I'm going to ask on Ravelry, but if you'd like to test it, leave me a comment!). It's for a size 24 months (to fit the boys!)...

When I get this guy tested, the profits from the sale will go to my favorite children's hospital. They need every penny they can get :)

7 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, how cute! I would love to give it a go, but I'm not really good at crocheting clothes. I bet it would be a big hit, though!

Laura said...

Oh wow, that is just adorable! Great job! It's so hard to find crochet patterns for boys - I think you'll do great selling that one!

Betty said...

You're such a sweetheart! I can't wait to see the boys wearing those sweaters!

Unknown said...

I responded to your post on Ravelry too. I'd love to test it for you! My son is 20 months, so the timing is perfect.

Either way, I love the sweater. Its super cute and laura is right, its hard to find cute crochet patterns for boys.

Stephanie said...

How cute! I'm new at this or I would loove too. Very cute!

Mel said...

Thanks for donating to Valley Children's. I was hospitalized there at the NICU as well for several days (when I was born). I'm from central CA and am glad to see charities helping them, as, well, they are responsible for my life! :)

Plus, your work is beautiful! :)

paula said...

Are you still looking for testers?

I just saw "Ernie" on Ravelry and LOVE IT! Then when I found it here, I figureds I'd give testing it a try.... again, if you need anyone else.

Paula (tavish on Ravelry)