Saturday, July 7, 2007

My Best Friend

Yeah! My bestest friend has a new blog! It's called Domestically Challenged. Go check it out! I'm sure we'll have funny stories to tell back and forth!

I'll start... One time I was over at her (I call her Biff) and her mom's (who you will now know as Momma Lynnie) and I was checking my email or downloading music or something on her computer, her kitchen was in sight from the desk, but a little to the left. So anyways, all the sudden I hear, "HELP! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK!!!" and I look over and here's all this black, black, black smoke pouring from the top of the oven. She had decided to try to cook frozen chicken nuggets in Momma Lynnie's ancient cast iron skillet... set on high heat... Oh, poor Biff... I think I ran over and put the whole pan in the sink and that started laughing so hard that I cried... Then we probably went and got some Chinese food (which I'll tell you about in another post). Much yummier than charred frozen chicken nuggets :)

But then, recently, she redeemed herself. I don't know if I've mentioned how much I like peanut butter... therefore, my fave candy is reese's peanut butter cups. For my lingerie shower she made brownies... brownies with a whole layer of reese's peanut butter cups in the middle... Oh... my... God... the were almost better than sex... almost :) Next time she comes to town, we'll make some and I'll post the directions... and then I'll make Baklava... or lemon bars... for her and post those, too... Mmmm... she'd better come soon!

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, man...brownies with a layer of Reese's? That sounds like a recipe made in Heaven! Who needs chicken nuggets?